2006 - Official end of production of the Hummmer H1. "Unfortunately, in recent years, the production and actual retail sale of the Hummer H1 have fallen to a level between 200 and 300 vehicles per year. At that level of sales, the GM dealers tell us that with a vehicle that costs $145-150,000 each, it just becomes too difficult to find customers willing to pay." So unless GM decides otherwise, if you want a Hummer H1 you gotta buy a used one. Here are some tips from Mr Donkey in regards to purchasing a used monster machine. Read the tips while peaking at some great choices in the Donkey Catalog for Hummer H1
- Make sure the transmission shifts into all 4 gears. Drive the truck around town and on the freeway.
- Check if the transfercase will shift properly into 4H and 4L. To test this it's best to drive on a gravel road. TIP: If there is a problem getting the truck out of lock put it in reverse for about 5 feet and then shift into N and shift the transfercase.
Body Mounts / Sagging Springs
- Drive the truck in a slow tight turn in both directions. See if the tires are rubbing on the hood or suspension. If you hear any creaking noises it could be loose front body mounts. It could also indicate over sized tires or sagging springs.
- Many drivers don't realize that their shocks are worn due to the strong springs of the Hummer. See if the truck swings around corners. This could imply worn shocks.
Shakes @ High Speeds
- Take it up to 75mph on the freeway and see if it shakes. At that point you will be able to feel it in the steering wheel. Some trucks have vibration problems due to bent wheels, out of round tires, worn suspension parts or unbalanced tires. Alternativly, if vibration comes from under the drivers feet and not the wheel it could be a bad front drive shaft. See if the truck pulls to one side or the other. This could be a brake problem or alignment. Alignments for Hummer's could get costy.
- The brake pedal should be firm and should not vibrate nor pulse. Pulsing brakes indicate a warped rotor. Truck should stop straight without swording. Softer brakes indicate air in the line. Do not skip on checking the brake pads for wear.
- Test the truck's parking brake. Put the truck in gear and check if the brake holds the truck back. Make sure the brake releases. The parking brake is part of the rear calipers and can get costy.
- Take a look at all the gauges and make sure they work. Play the radio / cd and make sure it works. Run the wipers and take a look at all the lights.
- Take your time looking at the truck. You might want to take 10 minutes or so away from it and finilize your decision.
2004 Hummer H1 OPEN TOP 04 HUMMER H1 OPEN TOP 18,604 Miles Turbo Diesel 6500 Winch 4WD 4dr Run Flats
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Wagon Custom / Modified by Predator / A Must See
1995 Hummer H1 2-Door Hummer H1 Hummercore 2 Door Hummer
1997 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore
1997 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 for Sale
1989 Hummer H1 hummer h1 replica on suburban chasis
2000 Hummer H1 Wagon 2000 AM General Hummer
1996 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door NO RESERVE ~ NO RESERVE ~ 96 HUMMER H1 with only 56K Miles ~ Sthrn Salt Free
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Hummer H1 Alpha Second Gen Soft Open-Top 4dr SUV 4WD Tan
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Hummer H1 Alpha First Gen Hard Top 4dr SUV 4WD White
2001 Hummer H1 Open Top 2001 Hummer H1 Open Top, Method Wheels, 4x4, Turbo Diesel, Leather Seats
2000 Hummer H1 Open Top 2000 Hummer H1 Open Top, Turbo Diesel, Leather Seats, CTIS, 4X4, Serviced
1980 Hummer H1 HMMWV HUMVEE "93" M998
1987 Hummer H1 H1 Humvee
2003 Hummer H1 -- 2003 HUMMER H1 23537 Miles Black SUV 6.5L Turbo-Diesel V8 Engine Automatic
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Wagon
2000 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 H1 Hummer Hummercore
1980 Hummer H1 1994 hmmvw hummer h1 m998
2003 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 2003 HUMMER H1 27,950 Miles Woodland Green Sport Utility 4-Speed A/T
1999 Hummer H1 1999 Hummer H1 HMCO Open Top
1995 Hummer H1 Rare Hummer H1 1995 Gasoline Engine HMCO
1994 Hummer H1 Hummercore Hummer H1 2- Door
2006 Hummer H1 -- 2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha 21734 Miles Flame Red Pearl 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8
2001 Hummer H1 Open Top 2001 Hummer H1 Open Top
1900 Hummer H1 2004 Hmmwv Humvee M1123 LOW MILES
2002 Hummer H1 2002 Hummer H1 Hard Top Wagon
1995 Hummer H1 H1 HUMMER H1 PREDATOR DURAMAX DIESEL CONVERSION
1979 Hummer H1 Leather/Velour Humvee H1 PROFESSIONALLY REFURBISHED
1987 Hummer H1 Custom m998, humvee, h1, hummer, hmmwv, street legal, ready to run!
1998 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore Super Clean Original H1
2001 Hummer H1 2001 M1123 Enhanced TURBO/OVERDRIVE HMMWV Humvee NOT M998 Read the listing!
2002 Hummer H1 LOADED 2002 HUMMER H1 TURBO DIESEL BLACK LOW MILES PREMIUM WHEELS / SOUND
2000 Hummer H1 HMCS 2000 AM General Hummer H1 in Matte Black Full Restoration in 2015 / Must See H-1
1989 Hummer H1 1989 hummer h1 Humvee 2 door truck with on road title
2003 Hummer H1 2003 Hummer H1 2 door Extended Cab Diesel with 48000 original miles
1900 Hummer H1 lant Back M998 Humvee
2003 Hummer H1 H1T Hummer H1 Pickup! LOW MILES! Serviced and Inspected! White over"Black! WOW!!!
1997 Hummer H1 1997 DURAMAX H1 WAGON
1990 Hummer H1 humvee
1996 Hummer H1 1996 Hummer H1
2004 Hummer H1 Fully Custom Hummer H1 Wagon 2004 Hummer H1 Wagon, Fully Custom Inside & Out. Best One Available By Far!
2004 Hummer H1 DuraMax/Allison H1
2003 Hummer H1 2dr Turbodiesel 4WD Hardtop Truck 2003 HUMMER H1 2dr Turbodiesel 4WD Hardtop Truck Automatic 4WD V8 6.5L Diesel
2006 Hummer H1 Fully Custom, New Wheels and Tires 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, Fully Custom, One of the best one the market!
2002 Hummer H1 OPEN TOP 4WD CUSTOM 2002 HUMMER H1
2002 Hummer H1 2002 H1 Open Top Diesel AM General OPENTOP 02 Yellow Hummer H1 Open Top Diesel like 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2003 2004 2006
2002 Hummer H1 Owner's Persoanl Demo, Fully Custom, Night Vision, 2002 Hummer H1 Wagon Owner's Persoanl Demo, Fully Custom, Night Vision Best Deal
1998 Hummer H1 1998 Hummer H1 Open Top SUT
2001 Hummer H1 Ultra Low Mile Fully Custom H1! 2001 Hummer H1 Wagon, Ultra Low Miles, Fully Custom, Extremely Nice!
2003 Hummer H1 Super Rare 2 Door Custom Truck, One of 74 2 Passen 2003 Hummer H1, very rare 2 passanger H1 truck, built for the owner, WOW!
1992 Hummer H1 H1 Hummer 1992
1989 Hummer H1 Humvee EX MILITARY, 6.2L DIESEL, AUTO, ARCTIC HEAT OPTION, JUST 16K MILES, GO ANYWHERE!
2002 Hummer H1 Wagon 4dr Turbodiesel 4WD SUV 2002 HUMMER H1 Wagon 4dr Turbodiesel 6.5L ! 1-OWNER ! NEVER OFFERED FOR SALE
1997 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 6.5L GM TURBO-DIESEL, AUTO, DRIVE OVER ANYTHING, READY FOR A MILLION MILES!!
1992 Hummer H1 -- 1992 Hummer H1 49088 Miles Automatic
1993 Hummer H1 H1 WAGON 77K ORIGINAL MILES RARE FINANCING! NATIONWIDE SHIPPING. CONSIGNMENT. TRADES. FORD. CHEVY. BRONCO. TOYOTA
2004 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door Just Like New !! Nicest Truck In The Country !! 05 03 02
1992 Hummer H1 H1 Hummer 1992