2006 - Official end of production of the Hummmer H1. "Unfortunately, in recent years, the production and actual retail sale of the Hummer H1 have fallen to a level between 200 and 300 vehicles per year. At that level of sales, the GM dealers tell us that with a vehicle that costs $145-150,000 each, it just becomes too difficult to find customers willing to pay." So unless GM decides otherwise, if you want a Hummer H1 you gotta buy a used one. Here are some tips from Mr Donkey in regards to purchasing a used monster machine. Read the tips while peaking at some great choices in the Donkey Catalog for Hummer H1
- Make sure the transmission shifts into all 4 gears. Drive the truck around town and on the freeway.
- Check if the transfercase will shift properly into 4H and 4L. To test this it's best to drive on a gravel road. TIP: If there is a problem getting the truck out of lock put it in reverse for about 5 feet and then shift into N and shift the transfercase.
Body Mounts / Sagging Springs
- Drive the truck in a slow tight turn in both directions. See if the tires are rubbing on the hood or suspension. If you hear any creaking noises it could be loose front body mounts. It could also indicate over sized tires or sagging springs.
- Many drivers don't realize that their shocks are worn due to the strong springs of the Hummer. See if the truck swings around corners. This could imply worn shocks.
Shakes @ High Speeds
- Take it up to 75mph on the freeway and see if it shakes. At that point you will be able to feel it in the steering wheel. Some trucks have vibration problems due to bent wheels, out of round tires, worn suspension parts or unbalanced tires. Alternativly, if vibration comes from under the drivers feet and not the wheel it could be a bad front drive shaft. See if the truck pulls to one side or the other. This could be a brake problem or alignment. Alignments for Hummer's could get costy.
- The brake pedal should be firm and should not vibrate nor pulse. Pulsing brakes indicate a warped rotor. Truck should stop straight without swording. Softer brakes indicate air in the line. Do not skip on checking the brake pads for wear.
- Test the truck's parking brake. Put the truck in gear and check if the brake holds the truck back. Make sure the brake releases. The parking brake is part of the rear calipers and can get costy.
- Take a look at all the gauges and make sure they work. Play the radio / cd and make sure it works. Run the wipers and take a look at all the lights.
- Take your time looking at the truck. You might want to take 10 minutes or so away from it and finilize your decision.
2000 Hummer H1 Lifted Hummer H1, 46" tires, American Force Wheels, 40k mi, 6.5 T Diesel. Auto
1987 Hummer H1 UTILITY TRUCK 1987 HUMMER H1 ORIGINAL AMRY HUMVEE
1995 Hummer H1 1995 AMERICAN GENERAL HUMMER H1 XLC2 PICK UP BODY 6.5L DIESEL CIVILIAN L@@K!!
1989 Hummer H1 Humvee EX MILITARY, 6.2L DIESEL
1985 Hummer H1 M998 Humvee HMMWV M998 UT on-road title HMC4
1998 Hummer H1 12,100 G.V.W. Humvee Chassis Overland Adventure Vehicle 18,500 mile
1989 Hummer H1 1989 Humvee 1038 Military - AM General Hummer H1
1995 Hummer H1 CUSTOM HUMMER!!! 6.6 Duramax and Allison Trans! Predator Motorsports Build
1996 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 1996 Hummer H1 Wagon Factory CARC Military Paint, Rarest of All Hummers 1 of 1
1993 Hummer H1 1993 hummer h1
1996 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore H1 Humvee
1995 Hummer H1 M1097 Humvee 1995 Hummer M1097 Humvee only 1453 mil with full restoration
1993 Hummer H1 1993 Hummer H1 Humvee
1999 Hummer H1 1999 Hummer H1 Wagon - New Everything!!!
2004 Hummer H1 Wagon Turbodiesel 2004 Hummer H1 Wagon Turbodiesel Only 29k Miles Tons of Upgrades Rare Must See
1996 Hummer H1 Wagon 1996 H1 Hummer Wagon Turbo Diesel 4x4 LOW MILES
1995 Hummer H1 -- Hummer H1 with 11,987 Miles, for sale!
1998 Hummer H1 Open Top 1998 HUMMER H1 OPEN TOP ALL UP TO DATE ON SERVICE
1995 Hummer H1 1995 H1 Hummer
1994 Hummer H1 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE Clean Title in Hand
HUMMER H1 2006 HUMMER
1989 Hummer H1 Soft top 1989 hummer h1 Humvee 2 door truck with on road title
1980 Hummer H1 HUMVEE M998 (NO RESERVE) 1990 (not 1980 like description shows)
1995 Hummer H1 1995 Hummer H1
1985 Hummer H1 green 1985 HUMMER H1 HUMVEE HMMWV M998 WAR MACHINE MUST SELL ASAP 80% COMPLETE
1997 Hummer H1 1997 Hummer H1 The Beast
2002 Hummer H1 OPEN TOP TURBO DIESEL 2002 HUMMER H1 OPEN TOP TURBO DIESEL 6.5 L LOW MILES FRESH SERVICE LOTS OPTION
1996 Hummer H1 HMC4 Turbo Diesel Sport Utility Truck 1996 Hummer H1 HMC4 Turbo Diesel Sport Utility Truck Low Miles Central Inflation
1989 Hummer H1 1989 Hummer h1 hmmwv m998
1991 Hummer H1 1991 HUMMER H1 HMMWV MILITARY
1991 Hummer H1 1991 American General HMMWV Humvee Hummer H1 M1038 M998 Truck
1997 Hummer H1 HMCO 1997 Hummer H1 Open Top, Fresh Paint
H1 Alpha Open Top 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top, 40K miles, Duramax Engine, Allison Transmission
1988 Hummer H1 HUMVEE M998 DIESEL
1995 Hummer H1 M998A1 1995 Humvee HMMWV M998A1 Clean On Road TN TITLE
H1 Wagon 4dr Turbodiesel 2001 Hummer H1 Wagon, Grey Metallic, only 7K miles, Turbo Diesel, 4x4, Pristine
H1 TURBO DIESEL 4X4 WAGON HUMMER H1 2000 Wagon Turbo DIESEL 6.5L V8 16V Automatic 4WD SUV
2000 Hummer H1 Rare white H1 open top. Amazing! 2000 Hummer H1
1989 Hummer H1 Humvee / Hummer H1 Open Top SUV 1989 AM General Hummer H1 Open Top SUV Humvee Hummer H1 / California Title + Reg
H1 Wagon 1999 Hummer H1 Wagon, Turbo Diesel, 4x4, CTIS, Original 5K miles, AM General
H1 Predator 2002 HUMMER H1 Predator
2006 Hummer H1 ALPHA 2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha Wagon 4 Door
1995 Hummer H1 1995 Hummer H1 Cummins / Allison Conversion / Alpha Interior
2001 Hummer H1 2001 HUMMER H1 PICK UP RARE 1 OF 5 ,LIFTED,LED LIG 2001 HUMMER H1 PICK UP RARE 1 OF 5 ,LIFTED,LED LIGHTS,RUBBER DUCK,HTD LTH,21K!
AM General Hummer Wagon AWD 4dr SUV 1999 AM General Hummer Wagon AWD 4dr SUV Automatic 4-Speed AWD V8 6.5L Diesel
H1 4D Sport Utility 2003 Hummer H1
1998 Hummer H1 Wagon 1998 Hummer H1 Wagon Turbo Diesel Custom Interior NEW Complete Engine LED Lights
2000 Hummer H1 H1 2000 hummer h1
2002 Hummer H1 Open Top 2002 HUMMER H1 Open Top
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon 4WD 2003 HUMMER H1
H1 HMCS 1996 HUMMER H1 HMCS 56251 Miles White Wagon 5.7L 8 CYLINDER Automatic