2006 - Official end of production of the Hummmer H1. "Unfortunately, in recent years, the production and actual retail sale of the Hummer H1 have fallen to a level between 200 and 300 vehicles per year. At that level of sales, the GM dealers tell us that with a vehicle that costs $145-150,000 each, it just becomes too difficult to find customers willing to pay." So unless GM decides otherwise, if you want a Hummer H1 you gotta buy a used one. Here are some tips from Mr Donkey in regards to purchasing a used monster machine. Read the tips while peaking at some great choices in the Donkey Catalog for Hummer H1
- Make sure the transmission shifts into all 4 gears. Drive the truck around town and on the freeway.
- Check if the transfercase will shift properly into 4H and 4L. To test this it's best to drive on a gravel road. TIP: If there is a problem getting the truck out of lock put it in reverse for about 5 feet and then shift into N and shift the transfercase.
Body Mounts / Sagging Springs
- Drive the truck in a slow tight turn in both directions. See if the tires are rubbing on the hood or suspension. If you hear any creaking noises it could be loose front body mounts. It could also indicate over sized tires or sagging springs.
- Many drivers don't realize that their shocks are worn due to the strong springs of the Hummer. See if the truck swings around corners. This could imply worn shocks.
Shakes @ High Speeds
- Take it up to 75mph on the freeway and see if it shakes. At that point you will be able to feel it in the steering wheel. Some trucks have vibration problems due to bent wheels, out of round tires, worn suspension parts or unbalanced tires. Alternativly, if vibration comes from under the drivers feet and not the wheel it could be a bad front drive shaft. See if the truck pulls to one side or the other. This could be a brake problem or alignment. Alignments for Hummer's could get costy.
- The brake pedal should be firm and should not vibrate nor pulse. Pulsing brakes indicate a warped rotor. Truck should stop straight without swording. Softer brakes indicate air in the line. Do not skip on checking the brake pads for wear.
- Test the truck's parking brake. Put the truck in gear and check if the brake holds the truck back. Make sure the brake releases. The parking brake is part of the rear calipers and can get costy.
- Take a look at all the gauges and make sure they work. Play the radio / cd and make sure it works. Run the wipers and take a look at all the lights.
- Take your time looking at the truck. You might want to take 10 minutes or so away from it and finilize your decision.
2000 Hummer H1 Lifted HUMMER H1 on 46" Tires, 20" American Force, 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 40K mi. DVD
2006 Hummer H1 wagon 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha wagon search and rescue low miles turbo diesel duramax
1987 Hummer H1 HUMVEE M1038 RESTORED WITH VIDEO CLEAN NJ TITLE M1038 HMMWV HUMMER H1 M998 WINCH
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Wagon 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Wagon, 20K miles, Metallic Sand, Roof Rack, Duramax
2006 Hummer H1 wagon 2006 hummer h1 alpha search and rescue black wagon
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Sport Utility 4-Door 2006 HUMMER
1992 Hummer H1 5 DOOR EX MILITARY M998 6.2L DIESEL HUMMER HELMET TOP OTHER MAKES
1999 Hummer H1 Wagon 1999 Hummer H1 Wagon, Turbo Diesel, 4x4, CTIS, Original 5K miles, AM General
1999 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore Humvee
1999 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore H1 Hummer
2000 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 Hummercore Edition Black Wagon Low Miles Complete Package
2003 Hummer H1 Open Top 2003 Hummer H1 Open Top, Fuel Wheels, Leather, Turbo Diesel, 4X4 20K miles
2001 Hummer H1 H1 Hummer 4- Door Wagon
1989 Hummer H1 Soft top 1989 hummer h1 Humvee 2 door truck with on road title
2000 Hummer H1 Hummer H1 H1 Hummer Hummercore
1989 Hummer H1 Humvee Hummer H1 Street Legal
1993 Hummer H1 1993 hummer h1
1993 Hummer H1 Humvee H 1
1995 Hummer H1 Civilian 1995 Hummer H1 4 Door Hardtop 350 v8 Mattracks Rockstars Tracks Custom
1994 Hummer H1 2 man troop HUMVEE 1994 M998A1 HMMWV 6.5 GEP clear highway Montana title for use anywhere
1996 Hummer H1 1996 HUMMER H1 Soft Top
2003 Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 2003 HUMMER H1 27,950 Miles Woodland Green Sport Utility 4-Speed A/T
1994 Hummer H1 s.u.v. 1994 Hummer H1
2001 Hummer H1 Wagon 4dr Turbodiesel 2001 Hummer H1 Wagon, Grey Metallic, only 7K miles, Turbo Diesel, 4x4, Pristine
1998 Hummer H1 Only 8,715 miles Only 8,000 Miles are ACTUAL! Collectors Hummer H1 Military Grey TURBO DIESEL
2000 Hummer H1 H1 TURBO DIESEL HARD TOP ALPHA WAGON - FREE SHIPPING SALE! hardtop humvee am general h2 mercedes benz g500 g550 g-class cadillac escalade
2006 Hummer H1 Rare generation 2 all black leahter. 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, Rare Gen 2 All Black Interior, Lots of upgrades!
2003 Hummer H1 Super Rare 2 Door Custom Truck, One of 74 2 Passen 2003 Hummer H1, very rare 2 passanger H1 truck, built for the owner, WOW!
1989 Hummer H1 Humvee EX MILITARY, 6.2L DIESEL, AUTO, ARCTIC HEAT OPTION, JUST 16K MILES, GO ANYWHERE!
1992 Hummer H1 -- 1992 Hummer H1 49088 Miles Automatic
Hummer H1 Base Sport Utility 4-Door 6.5L GM TURBO-DIESEL, AUTO, DRIVE OVER ANYTHING, READY FOR A MILLION MILES!!
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha Open Top, 40K miles, Duramax Engine, Allison Transmission
2006 Hummer H1 Fully Custom, New Wheels and Tires 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, Fully Custom, One of the best one the market!